2:03 PM

Wednesday teaser!

Here's a little teaser of a project I've been working on for years, tentatively titled Near Death.


***********************************************************   
Chris walked into the room looking around for an empty seat. There was only one in the class and it was right next to Sara.  He felt uncomfortable being near her, but had no choice but to sit there.  She smiled when he sat down.

“How nice that we’re in the same class,” she said trying to be friendly.

“How sad of you to be manipulating Gabriel like you are,” he told her bluntly. Her smile momentarily slipped from her face and Chris saw pure hatred in her eyes.

“I don’t know what you’re referring to Chris.” Her smile back in place. “This class is pretty easy but if you need any help please don’t hesitate to ask me.” She was quiet for a couple of minutes, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

“I heard that you and Aya were involved in that big bus accident the other night,” she said casually. “How horrible. Both of you are lucky to be alive.”     

“It wasn’t our time,” he said flatly. “How horrible of you to try and force your time.”

“Force my time? I was simply doing what I had to to survive.” Chris looked at her, disgusted with her attitude.  He shook his head slowly.

“If you’re not careful with your other problem, your time will come sooner than you think,” he said.

“My other problem?” she asked. “I have no other problems.”

“Maybe the fact that you don’t think it’s a problem, is the problem."

She glared at him. If looks could kill, Chris would have been a goner.  He turned away from her and sat quietly, hands folded on the desk awaiting the arrival of the teacher.  He could feel her staring at him with hatred.  He decided the best course of action was to just ignore her and concentrate on the class. After it ended she turned towards him.

“I had heard from Jack why you are here in this world,” she said. “Don’t you want to go back to where you came from? I think I know a way you can go back there.”

“A way? There is no way,” he said.

“Well, if you were sent here because you saved Aya when you shouldn’t have, don’t you think you can go back if you complete the job you kept from happening?” An evil smile lit up her face. Chris stared at her, eyes wide with disbelief.

“You want me to kill Aya?” he asked barely louder than a whisper.

“I don’t want you to do anything Chris,” she said sweetly. “I just thought if you were desperate to get back to where you came from, it was an idea worth considering.” She looked up and noticed Gabe waiting at the door watching them with a strange look on his face.  She flashed him a big smile.

“Sorry to keep you waiting!” she said hugging him when she got near.  Gabe continued to watch Chris from over Sara’s shoulder.  The blonde boy looked pained.  Gabe didn't know they have possibly been discussing.

“Let’s go Gabe,” Sara said to him dragging him away by the arm. She called over her shoulder,

“Bye Chris! Remember what I said. I’d be happy to help you with it too.” She smiled innocently and  bounded off towards her next class with Gabe in tow, looking confused.

2 comments:

Patricia JL said...

I don't think I like Sara already.

MBee said...

Oooh you'll definitely not like her. She's a bitch. I bet her an Libby would make good friends.