1:19 PM

Teaser Tuesday

I think you guys know how this works by now: Excerpt from WIP, before re-writing or editing has been done, yadda yadda yadda.

Ryan walked over to the table and slammed his hands down on the top to get Xavier’s attention.

“What do you mean she’s gone? I noticed the Doublehead was gone, but I thought she had just gone for an early ride,” Ryan informed the other brother. Xavier’s head snapped up at this news. He stood up quickly, knocking his chair over and grabbed Ryan’s shirt pushing him back into a nearby wall.

“You saw she was gone and didn’t think to mention it to either of us?” Xavier demanded to know of his guest. Ryan placed both hands on Xavier’s chest and gave him a shove.

“Let go,” he warned the older boy. “I really didn’t think much of it. Figured she needed some space and would be back. How do you know that’s not the case?” Xavier let go, looking defeated he slumped back down in another chair at the table. Wordlessly, Collin handed Ryan a piece of folded paper. As Ryan unfolded it, his horrible sense of foreboding grew worse.

Dear Xavier & Collin,
If you’ve found this letter, you’ve realized that I have left. Please understand that I have not done this with the intention to hurt in any way. It’s just something I felt I had to do. You are always putting me and my needs ahead of yourselves and have given up so much in order for me to live comfortably. I decided that it was high time for me to put myself out there for your sakes for a change. I know you probably think I’m too young and weak in order to accomplish the important task of bringing our brothers back home, but I’m stronger than you think. Please have faith in me. I will bring them back and we'll be a complete family again. I promise. I love you both.
Your loving sister,
Nat

P.S. Please let Ryan know that I will be sure to find his sister and bring her back as well.

Ryan unconsciously crumbled the note in his fist. He was shaking with anger.
“Is she out of her bloody freaking mind?!”

0 comments: